Some simple guidelines about best positions to get pregnant when thinking about conception are:
1. Remember the law of gravity – help sperm swim up your fallopian tubes either by lifting your bottom or legs up in the air, or leaning your legs against the wall. Alternatively you could put your feet up against the bedhead and stick a pillow under your hips.
2. Accept the Mission – the missionary position enables deep penetration close to your cervix which actually gives sperm a little extra help when they swim for your egg.
3. Rest in bed – After your partner ejaculates, lie on your side and draw your knees to your stomach and stay in bed for as while. It’s a good idea not to fight gravity by getting out of bed straight away.
4. Have an orgasm – A post-coital study confirmed that women who had orgasms retained more sperm than those who didn’t. It’s all to do with the sperm-moving muscular contractions you experience during an orgasm. A good excuse to get some extra special attention from your man.
5. Stay Behind – An alternative is to have intercourse with your partner behind you. This style is guaranteed to get your partner’s sperm to the cervix. If this simply isn’t your style, laying side by side as you have intercourse is also another good position.
If you have tested these positions to get pregnant and have still had no luck, then it you need to consider making some lifestyle changes to help you conceive.